Sunday, May 10, 2009

When Good Ideas Go Bad

I don't know. There was a time a few years ago when I'd wake up in the middle of the night with what I thought was a brilliant idea or, something so urgent I couldn't afford to forget it. I'd scramble out of bed to write it down and then struggle to go back to sleep. In the morning I'd wake to find the note I'd written the night before was much closer to stupid than brilliant or, was something completely meaningless.

Since I've started with the 12 Second Movies (or Films as I'm trying to get myself to call them), I have ideas come and go all day long. I try to write most of them down and then play them out in my head to see if they will work. Today, I spent 4 hours working on what seemed like a brilliant idea, until it was done. Being nice, I'd say it was pure crap. I was tempted to post it anyway but, decided against it after watching for the 10th time.

I'm guessing this is a normal part of the process but, wow...talk about frustration. I was going to jump right into another idea and try to knock it out today. I decided against it. There's always tomorrow.

I need to think of ways to promote the viewing of these videos. If anyone who reads this blog has an idea, let me know. I try to let people know to share them so they become viral but, I think I need a little more of a bump. All your thoughts are welcomed!

I also realized today just how limited I am by the software applications I am using. If I'm going to stick with this I will need to invest. I'm not sure if I will go Adobe Premiere Pro and stick with the PC or, go Final Cut Pro and buy a Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment