Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stop Motion

Spent the weekend completely thoughtless. It was wonderful. Yesterday I struggled to come up with a new idea for a 12 Second Movie. I decided not to stress. This morning, for some unknown reason I got the idea to try playing with stop motion. I've always liked stop motion and really enjoy Robot Chicken. I figured it would be way outside of the time frame I like to devote to these little projects but, what the hell. I had nothing else to do!

I downloaded a software application called Stop Motion Pro v6.5. Simple enough to figure out for the purposes of my testing. I ran up to the local art supply place and picked up a couple of wooden models that I could pose and some black poster board. For subject matter, I decided to use something I know, Krav Maga. I played out a simple defense for choke from the rear. I didn't want to get too detailed till I got a feel for what it was going to take to have it look remotely decent.

I just loaded to first test to 12 Seconds of Caracappa. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, the stop motion thing is brilliant! If you go to the art supply store for UT they also have little dog models, as well as humans. They are an amazing art supply source, btw. Enjoyed working with you last night, can't wait to see the next film!!

    ReplyDelete