Monday, April 13, 2009

Relationships

I'm a relationship guy. My sales mentor, Tom Trenasty taught me the importance of relationships in all aspects of life and business. How to build them, maintain them, and grow them into networks which are beneficial for all participants. Now, at 50 years old, I find myself applying this knowledge to the Internet. Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc. This blog which I still struggle with.

The big difference here is scale. In the old days, to build a relationship, you started with a phone call then a face to face visit. (rinse and repeat many times) It took years to build a network. In a few weeks on the Internet I am amazed at how many "friends" I now have. I like the fact that I can invite them here to read my blog and I love it when they leave comments.

Now I need to work on turning the "friends" into blog visitors that I can convert into mutually beneficial ongoing relationships.

Yes mom, you can teach and old dog new tricks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, buddy, Jackie is also in sales & he always says relationships are everything. Great minds think alike...see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete