Monday, September 7, 2009

Game On

I'm sitting at the cafe in Barnes and Noble. Had to get out of the house for a while. Julie's working today so I figured I'd do the same. Been focused on all making sure I properly follow up on all the actions from last weeks meetings in Santa Clara, CA as well as getting ready to leave for Amsterdam on Wednesday. As I'm sitting here it hits me...just how many hours I have worked Saturday, Sunday and today. After being a lazy bum for 4 months while I was between jobs, I'm glad I can still take care of business when I need to.

I'm heading to Amsterdam for IBC, the International Broadcasters Convention. This is a huge show that runs from Sept 11 to Sept 15th. I already have a full dance card and am trying to fit even more meetings in. Some of my meetings are face to face follow ups with potential partners and customers. Some of them are just opportunistic introductions. I've also set some time aside to stalk some of the people I could not get meetings with. You know...lay in wait for them to show up at their booth and then pounce!

Well, I've got a lot to get done and a little time to do it so...off I go. Oh, wait...what was that song from Smokey and The Bandit? "We've got a long way to go and a short time to get there..." That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment